Microsoft recently announced Microsoft Teams, a new chat based workspace in Office 365. Microsoft Teams aims to bring together people, conversations, and content with the tools that people really need so they can collaborate more effectively and achieve more than ever before.
A survey recently revealed that 77% of remote workers report greater productivity while working off-site. Emails, software, documents, and other files can now be accessed from anywhere, so all you really need is access to the internet to get some work done. If people aren’t working as well on site, how can you make it so that they can collaborate more effectively both on and off site?
Relying on emails to track things that have been taken care of for a particular project may not be the best course of action to take. Skype for business is good for meetings and conferences, but doesn’t have the rest of the tools that workers may need to get everything done. Even with applications that are experiencing a little success, such as Slack, there are still concerns about things like security.
Microsoft teams has everything covered, which is why it is the up and coming application for those workers who need a way to collaborate safely and effectively off site.
Teams is a chat-based collaboration tool that provides global, remote, and dispersed teams with the ability to work together and share information. When using Microsoft Teams you can utilize features like document collaboration, one-on-one chat, team chat, and more. The best thing about Microsoft Teams for workers is that it is fully integrated with many other Office 365 services, such as Skype, SharePoint, Exchange, and Yammer. There’s no need to toggle between applications, either.
Microsoft Teams can be used in the following ways:
- Chat – you can have both private and public conversations with your teams. Skype video integration allows you to add custom memes and emojis to enhance your discussions.
- Hub – Microsoft Teams offers a shared workspace for the various applications in Microsoft office, including the likes of PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Planner, OneNote, SharePoint, Delve, and Power BI. With this feature, there’s no need to toggle between applications.
Using teams you can:
- See calendars and meetings (Outlook)
- Create, share, edit and find content (SharePoint, OneDrive and OneNote)
- Call and meet team members (Skype)
- Start chatting and instant messaging (Skype)
How To Start Using Microsoft Teams?
To start using Microsoft Teams, all you need to do is log into your Office 365 Portal with your credentials, and then look for Teams under the list of add-ins. You can then log in and configure the settings.
The Benefits of Using Teams
There are numerous benefits to using teams. A few are outlined below:
- Improved security for team members
- Highly customizable for each user
- Mobile audio and video calling
- Better team collaboration for off site workers
- Improved meeting experience
Using microsoft teams is simple, and it can save a lot of time and hassle whether workers are working on or off site on any given day.